Booking the VCS church centre
Unit 3, 5 Robin Hood Lane
Sutton, SM1 2 SW
PLEASE make sure you read through these terms and conditions of hire BEFORE you confirm your booking with us, and please follow the instructions within whilst your booking is in progress.
We hope that you have a successful function!
VCS Admin Team
If the office is not locked properly, it invalidates our insurance. We have a lot of expensive equipment and confidential information in the office, and it is important to look after it!
It is your responsibility to ensure you have access to the Church Centre before your event. Details of key holders can be requested from the office, or a spare key it held at the Centre…but this requires you to arrange a time for collection and training for its use.
Please DO NOT ASSUME that a member of VCS staff will be able to give you access to the Centre.
Entry and Exit
The heating should always be on Timed. Please do not adjust the time settings. If you need to switch on the heating, use the Constant setting on the left hand switch, and you are responsible for turning it off before you leave.
The Centre should be left clean and tidy, in all aspects related to in your signed agreement, and in this policy. Ensure the heating is on Timed. Close all fire doors, turn off all lights.
Lastly, if you are the last driver to leave the premises, and it is late at night, please lock the front gates.
We are glad you are able to use our church centre, but please remember that it is also space usedby the VCS staff team. Please respect the work they do for the church by leaving the church centre as you would like to find it!
If the church centre is not cleaned appropriately, we reserve the right to ask you for a one offpayment to cover extra cleaning charges.
- Please return all furniture to its original place. Please do all your washing up. Kitchen surfaces should be left clean and tidy
- Bathrooms should be clean and tidy
- Take all surplus food / rubbish / recycling home with you
- The floor should be vacuumed. Vacuum cleaner is available for use. PLEASE ensure that all kitchen equipment is turned OFF at the wall sockets.Especially the coffee maker/hot plate if you have used it
There is limited parking available outside the office at times when the office in not being used by VCS staff, this includes evening and weekends. Please DO NOT park outside of the VCS parking bays. There is multi story car park just at the top of the road.
Noise - Please keep all noise to a minimum. Especially in the evening….we have neighbourswho we enjoy getting along with.
Electrical equipment - Please request use of this in advance, as guidance will be needed before use.
Alcohol: Only beer and wine are permitted in moderate amounts. No alcohol is allowed to be sold.
Smoking: VCS church centre is a no smoking premises. No smoking is allowed within the gates of the premises known as 5 Robin Hood Lane.
Adapted from Jacob Cavenagh and Skeet
The purpose of this Emergency Procedures Policy is to ensure effective procedures for allemergency situations.
The National telephone number for all emergency services is 999
Risk assessments have identified the following hazardous events, which might give rise to serious and imminent danger.
Any person discovering a fire should:
- Activate the nearest break glass fire alarm switch
- Leave the building by the nearest available exit
- Report to the assembly point ( outside the entrance to SCILL)
- Do not return to the building until authorised to do so
Upon hearing the alarm, the most senior person present should direct all members to:
- exit the building through the nearest exit
- Assemble at the fire assembly point - outside SCILL
- Conduct a roll call of persons you know where inside 5RHL
- Return to the building when told it is safe to do so by either the fire crew, or Landlord of the building.
Fire doors are never to be wedged open
Portable fire extinguishers:
RED - water. To be sued for carbonaceous solids such as wood, paper, rubbish / textiles etc
RED WITH BLACK HANDLES - carbon dioxide - to be used for fires involving flammable liquids
If there is an evacuation due to fire, please contact any VCS staff immediately.